WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
Mahatma Ghandhiji, in ‘Young India’, said, “Women is the companion of man gifted with equal capacities. Educating them is nothing but strengthening their capacities” and visualized women education as a means of awakening the nation’s conscience to injustice, violence and inequality entrenched in the social order.
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru said, “In order to awake the people, women have to be awakened. Once they are on the move, the household moves, the village moves, the country moves,” And he added “educate man and you educate one person. Educate women and you educate the whole family thus he expresses the importance of education and also women education.
Making the above statements true, Swami Vivekananda rightly stated that. “Just as a bird could not fly with one wing only, a nation would not march forward if the women are left behind.”
It is crystal clear that with out development of women education there is no development of nation. Through the ages, the steps are taken for promoting women education. But, unfortunately, here and there are disturbances in implementing them.
Women constitute nearly half of the population allover the world & they should be represented in the same proportion in all walks of life to attain gender justice.
Aims and objectives:
- To transform girl students as sensitized women to attain equality in the society
- To enhance entrepreneurial abilities.
- To realize their full potential, enjoy all the human rights and fundamental freedom.
- Women should eliminate all forms of gender discriminations and bias that women have been facing so far.
- To create legal awareness , health awareness etc.
- To increase one’s positive self image and overcoming stigma.
- To make able to change others perceptions by democratic means.
- To make women a self motivated, self initiated and decision making power of their own.
- To develop skills for improving one’s personal or group power.
Education is a potent tool to empower women. To restore their rightful and dignified status, the College has initiated programmes under the women empowerment cell that provide a solid foundation to nurture the inner strength, creativity and self-esteem of women from all walks of life. Students are prepared to handle any challenge with skills, confidence and grace.